We know, another shoe post?! But the new Bontrager Ballista Knit shoes are too cool not to show off!
In Trek/Bontrager’s own words;
“The Ballista Knit road shoe is for athletes who demand the pinnacle of performance. It’s extremely efficient, super breathable and designed to wrap your foot in slipper-like comfort. The durable water-repellent (DWR) coating and a rear-mounted Boa Fit System give you a high-performance advantage wherever your race course might be. Step into the new faster you.”
And the shoes feature;
– inForm Pro last delivers an ergonomically optimised, high-performance fit
– 100% OCLV carbon sole is extremely lightweight and stiff for efficient power transfer
– The heel-mounted Boa IP1 dial offers precise, two-way fit adjustments
– Breathable, lightweight knit material with DWR coating wraps around all the contours of your foot for a customised fit
– Stiffness index 12 of 14
– Heel Reel draws the foot down and back to create a secure heel lock for a more efficient pedal stroke
– Also includes a durable shoe cover for inclement weather training rides
Coming in at a price of £269.99 the Bontrager might not be the cheapest shoe out there, but it might offer some of the best value? Shoe Knit construction was most recently seen on Fizik shoes, yet retails at a price of £349. The Bontrager’s also feature a new boa system, with the dial being positioned on the rear of the shoe, connecting to a wire previously only seen on the top of a shoe, which now goes all the way around the heel and onto the top.
This new innovation means even tension is applied throughout the entire foot, allowing a new, custom feel to a non-custom shoe.
The shoes also have 3 colours variants to match whatever style you like your shoes to conform to.
Fancy a pair yourself? Head over to the link below!