Photography by curtesy of Calibre
When I saw a first photo of the new Lost Lad on calibre’s Instagram account I have to say I was positively surprised! A sleek looking adventure bike that ticks a lot of boxes that we now associate with adventure bikes. And the price tag… 399 GBP! That’s really really cheap. But what has the new cheepo Lad on offer? The components are as expected entry level Shimano with an all Claris groupset. But then saying that although it is entry level, Claris is not all that bad if you just want a bike to hover around the woods. It is also quite heavy with about 12.4 g according to the GoOutdoors product description.
- Frame: 6061 alloy, upright geometry, mudguard mounts
- Forks: Alloy QR disc fork with mudguard and rack mounts
- Drivetrain: Shimano Claris
- Front derailleur: Shimano Claris
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Claris
- Chainset: Prowheel Ounce 2 piece 50-34T
- Cassette: Shimano 11-32T
- Brakes: Tektro Mira 160mm rotors
- Rims: Calibre Trail 650b
- Tyres: WTB Horizon Comp 47C
- Saddle: Calibre road
- Seatpost: Alloy 27.2
- Weight: 12.4kg
I think it looks great and if you are in the market for an adventure bike that doesn’t break the bank, this one could be for you.
Let us know what you think in the comments below.
You must log in to post a comment.